Grading Permits

Work Requiring a Grading Permit

Except as specified in SVMC 24.50.030, all excavation, fill, grading and leveling of land requires a Spokane Valley grading permit. All grading within the city limits shall comply with the Washington State Environmental Policy Act. (Ordinance 07-010  Section 1, 2007).

Permit Forms

Please use the Online Permit Portal to apply for a grading permit. If you do NOT wish to use the online portal, permit application forms (PDFs) can be accessed below:

Fee payment

Identify fees that need to be paid when application is submitted; view current permit fees (PDF). Payments can be made by credit card or check. There is a 2.5% credit card/online convenience fee. Fees must be paid prior to application being processed.

Mail or walk the application and fees to the:
Spokane Valley City Hall
10210 E. Sprague Avenue
Spokane Valley, WA 99206.

Email materials to the Permit Center and call 509-720-5240 regarding fee payment.