Spokane County Regional Animal Protection Services

Grey Dog Looking SadSCRAPS

The City of Spokane Valley contracts with SCRAPS to provide animal protection services to our residents.  

SCRAPS Animal Welfare Services Include:

  •  Animal Emergencies
  • Cruelty Investigations
  • Returning or Impounding Lost Pets
  • Respond to Animals At-Large 
  • Investigate Animal Bites
  • Conduct Kennel Inspections and Issue Licenses


To report an animal emergency within Spokane County, please call 509-477-2533. Animal emergencies include animal abuse, injured animals, animals trapped in hot cars, and aggressive animals at-large.


To report a non-urgent, animal related concern, please fill out the Non-Emergency Form, please include your contact information in case staff need additional information.  Non-urgent animal related concerns include barking dog or unlicensed pets.